This full day course provides participants with instruction and hands on learning to identify the language of canine aggression and the appropriate responses to avoid or minimise injuries.
This workshop is suitable for those who interact with dogs and cats during the execution of their work including; reception staff, kennel hands, veterinary nurses and veterinarians.
- Reading dogs and cats body language
- Understanding prey drive
- Understanding fear aggression
- Understanding characteristics of dog and cat behaviour when eliciting the above
- How to avoid a dog attack
- What to do in a dog attack
- Equipment and how to use it
- What to do if a dog attacks a work colleague or member of the public while they are in the practice
- How best to stop an attack
- How to minimise injuries if a dog or cat attacks you
Monday, June 21, 2021
Wednesday, July 21, 2021