One-day workshop for Veterinary Nurses & Reception Teams
Presenting emergency patients can be stressful and overwhelming, but with the right skills, right team and strong procedures in place they can be exhilarating and rewarding. The workshop is designed for the First Responders in your practice to enhance their skills and further their knowledge when faced with the emergent patient. With a strong practical focus on CPR, this workshop will have you walking away feeling confident and prepared for the next emergency in your clinic.
Key Learning Areas:
• Understanding what is an emergency
• Communicating with clients in Telephone Triage and appropriate First Advice
• Patient Assessment – The ABC’s everyone should know
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – CPR techniques, basic life support to advanced life support and beyond
• Post-CPA event care (including self-care and crisis management)